What is it that compels a person to write? What is it that ignites within us the desire to share our thoughts with other people?
I believe there are many reasons. For me, the reason I write is to be heard and to be understood. I write to know that I am not alone.
My name is Anna, and I am a very young wife and mother (think early 20s). I absolutely love my vocation, and always knew there was nothing else I wanted to be. My wonderful husband and I have been married for two years, and together we have a rambunctious little boy who will soon be entering his toddler years.
Even though I am young, the Lord has already taken me on quite the faith journey, and I am thankful for each and every moment of it. I believe every step was necessary in order to lead me into the fullness of faith, which I now believe to be Catholicism. Had someone told me a year ago that this was where I'd end up, I would have expressed disgust, and laughed at the absurdity. Catholicism?! I mean, really! You might as well have told me I would end up in Scientology. That is truly how I felt about this ancient faith.
Ultimately, it took a tragedy to open my heart. You see, my husband and I had only been married for a year when he started pulling away from me little by little, until ultimately, we separated. It was during that dark period that I really allowed the Lord to work in my life. I had nothing else to grasp onto but Him. He comforted me and offered me hope, and the peace I had longed for. It was through the Church that I encountered Him, and it was through the Church that I finally understood the purpose of suffering. Uniting my sufferings with Christ, and offering up my hurt to Him, knowing that He too had suffered for all of humanity, gave meaning to my pain.
When I finally accepted what I thought was inevitable at the time, that is, the fact that I was destined to raise my son alone, the Lord, in His goodness, intervened. By His grace, my husband and I did not divorce. Today, we are happily married, and more grateful for each other and our little family than we've ever been.
Although my husband is an atheist, he is supportive of my faith journey, and sees much to respect about the Catholic Church.
Since I began my process of conversion, I have gained a deeper understanding of the Christian faith, and been freed of the many misconceptions and misunderstandings I had from my Protestant days.
The Lord never ceases to amaze me. I know there is a reason why He led me here, and I know He has a plan for my family in all of this.
Thank you for joining me, as I share a glimpse of my life with you, beginning with my early years as a Protestant Christian.
I believe there are many reasons. For me, the reason I write is to be heard and to be understood. I write to know that I am not alone.
My name is Anna, and I am a very young wife and mother (think early 20s). I absolutely love my vocation, and always knew there was nothing else I wanted to be. My wonderful husband and I have been married for two years, and together we have a rambunctious little boy who will soon be entering his toddler years.
Even though I am young, the Lord has already taken me on quite the faith journey, and I am thankful for each and every moment of it. I believe every step was necessary in order to lead me into the fullness of faith, which I now believe to be Catholicism. Had someone told me a year ago that this was where I'd end up, I would have expressed disgust, and laughed at the absurdity. Catholicism?! I mean, really! You might as well have told me I would end up in Scientology. That is truly how I felt about this ancient faith.
Ultimately, it took a tragedy to open my heart. You see, my husband and I had only been married for a year when he started pulling away from me little by little, until ultimately, we separated. It was during that dark period that I really allowed the Lord to work in my life. I had nothing else to grasp onto but Him. He comforted me and offered me hope, and the peace I had longed for. It was through the Church that I encountered Him, and it was through the Church that I finally understood the purpose of suffering. Uniting my sufferings with Christ, and offering up my hurt to Him, knowing that He too had suffered for all of humanity, gave meaning to my pain.
When I finally accepted what I thought was inevitable at the time, that is, the fact that I was destined to raise my son alone, the Lord, in His goodness, intervened. By His grace, my husband and I did not divorce. Today, we are happily married, and more grateful for each other and our little family than we've ever been.
Although my husband is an atheist, he is supportive of my faith journey, and sees much to respect about the Catholic Church.
Since I began my process of conversion, I have gained a deeper understanding of the Christian faith, and been freed of the many misconceptions and misunderstandings I had from my Protestant days.
The Lord never ceases to amaze me. I know there is a reason why He led me here, and I know He has a plan for my family in all of this.
Thank you for joining me, as I share a glimpse of my life with you, beginning with my early years as a Protestant Christian.
Catholism... interesting. I grew up Catholic, I have a cousin who is a priest, and my mom serves as a lecture, Eucharistic minister, and religious ed teacher. I also attended Catholic school my whole life, k-12 and some college.... So I'm a little shocked that's where you've felt led to. From what you used to believe to now this, is kind of shocking. I look forward to reading more about how that change came to be.
ReplyDelete