It has been a few days since my last blog post. After writing long posts every day for nearly an entire week, my mind has quieted down to the point where I am actually experiencing a minor case of writer's block.
But tonight, I felt the need to further express the joy I feel, because it is a real joy. A joy that bubbles over and manifests itself in goosebumps that come and go at various times throughout the day. It is an amazing feeling to know that you have finally come home. It is even more amazing to ponder God's grace in His leading, and to think that despite coming very close to rejecting the Lord altogether, He never let go of me!
I spend my days praying and watching or reading conversion stories. Nothing makes me happier than hearing about the transforming power of Jesus Christ and seeing how He brings His people into the truth of His plan for all of mankind. All it takes is an open heart and a willingness to go where He leads.
I see the hand of God everywhere in my own personal journey to the Church. Rather than feeling bitterness towards the various aspects of my faith journey, I feel only gratitude. I would never have gotten here were it not for my parents teaching me about Christ through their Protestant tradition. And I would have had an extremely difficult time understanding Catholicism were it not for my time in Judaism. It is remarkable how much these two faiths mirror each other, by the way! Though it should come as no surprise, as Christ came to bring the Jewish faith to its fullness.
Every day, I grow more and more eager to enter into the Catholic Church and to receive the Lord's body and blood in the Eucharist. And yet I hold back, knowing the hurt this will cause my family, particularly my parents.
So if you are reading this right now, will you pray for me please? I could use all the courage and wisdom the Lord can give me. God willing, I will officially begin my conversion process before the year is over.
But tonight, I felt the need to further express the joy I feel, because it is a real joy. A joy that bubbles over and manifests itself in goosebumps that come and go at various times throughout the day. It is an amazing feeling to know that you have finally come home. It is even more amazing to ponder God's grace in His leading, and to think that despite coming very close to rejecting the Lord altogether, He never let go of me!
I spend my days praying and watching or reading conversion stories. Nothing makes me happier than hearing about the transforming power of Jesus Christ and seeing how He brings His people into the truth of His plan for all of mankind. All it takes is an open heart and a willingness to go where He leads.
I see the hand of God everywhere in my own personal journey to the Church. Rather than feeling bitterness towards the various aspects of my faith journey, I feel only gratitude. I would never have gotten here were it not for my parents teaching me about Christ through their Protestant tradition. And I would have had an extremely difficult time understanding Catholicism were it not for my time in Judaism. It is remarkable how much these two faiths mirror each other, by the way! Though it should come as no surprise, as Christ came to bring the Jewish faith to its fullness.
Every day, I grow more and more eager to enter into the Catholic Church and to receive the Lord's body and blood in the Eucharist. And yet I hold back, knowing the hurt this will cause my family, particularly my parents.
So if you are reading this right now, will you pray for me please? I could use all the courage and wisdom the Lord can give me. God willing, I will officially begin my conversion process before the year is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment